Monday, February 8, 2010

i guess i'm obsessed with reconning thrifted sweaters

I always knew I liked Salvation Army sweaters, but it wasn't until these last couple weeks of blog posts when I realized it was an obsession! 
This skirt used to be a sweater.
And it's a super comfy skirt at that, so I think I might make some more!
Black tights with peeptoe shoes? Fashion faux-pas perhaps?
I like this skirt because it gives me hips which balance out the rest of my body. Naw mean?
[shoes, Payless] [tights, H&M] [skirt, diy recon of thrifted sweater] [tank, Old Navy] [shirt, thrifted] [scarf, NYC]

Question of the day: (as stated above) Tights with peeptoe shoes? Opinions?

love and right triangles,
april

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dark/opaque tights with a small peeptoe is OK. With more open sandals, though, no. And skin-coloured tights, forget it - in fact, why would anyone wear those at all with any shoes?

Heliotrope Tree House said...

You look gorgeous, Girl! I luuuuuv your outfit. That skirt is outrageous! I can always count on you for inspiration. Right now, I have cut up a cashmere sweater I never wore, cut out the zipper, and am crocheting a new edging around it. It will soon be a cardigan! Yay for reconstructing sweaters. I will definitely try the skirt idea. Although, I think I may be too old for a shirt skirt! And tights go with everything! Love 'em with those shoes!

Queen of Mayhem said...

Thanks so much for visiting and following my blog!

I'm seriously in love with your skirt/ex-sweater. Super creative, super find, super inspirational. :)

http://queenofmayhem.blogspot.com/

The Owl's Closet said...

u look great, april! i love ur skirt!! i would have never guessed it was a sweater before. i think the tights looks great with ur peep toes:) have a great week!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

xo, Alexi said...

haha, thanks for the comment. i'm not badass at all, but i've gotta say: those colors your wearing are BAD. ASS!
http://www.blogger.com/steampunkdolls

The Style Rider said...

who doesn't love thrifting?! Well done!

hiking in stilettos said...

Um, love that skirt! I can't believe you made it! SO creative :) As for the peep toes & tights, I love it. I do it quite often, but then again, I also love the whole socks with wedges thing that I have been seeing lately.

LML said...

thank you for the award - i cant wait to do it!

jess said...

I can't believe your skirt was a sweater.

Lexy @ Quirky Explosion said...

Awww, this is such an awesome post! Totally similar o an outfit that I would wear -- I love the print and the colours and everything. That pink is one of my fav. colours at the moment!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
quirkyexplosion.blogspot.com