Thursday, September 11, 2008

september 11th

I remember this day pretty vividly. On September 11, 2001, I was in fifth grade. I remember no one telling us kids in school that day, though I'm sure the teachers were aware of what had happened that morning. At the end of the day, before school was dismissed, we were let outside to play on the playground. My dad came to pick me up and I was really confused as to why he was there because he should have been at his office. That's when he told me what had happened in New York City and Washington DC, and that since he works for the state, they were given the day off.

Earrings (my homage to 9/11):


Dress, Goodwill. Cardigan, mom's closet. Shoes, Charlotte Russe. Belt, Goodwill. Earrings, NYC.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I love the black-on-white print against the white-on-black print. It looks really cool, especially with the blue shoes. I added you to my link list.