Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Day At The Track

I don't live in Kentucky, so no, I did not go to the Kentucky Derby.
But I do live near Saratoga Springs, NY, where the horse racing is also a huge deal.

So I went yesterday with my friends! :D
And of course, WHEN ELSE can you dress like THIS?!

I made this minty green ruffle dress from an old duvet cover I found in our linen closet at home...shh!
I did not make this dress specifically for going to the race track, I swear. I actually made it to practice/learn how to do ruffles (which I am now obsessed with, by the way) with help from THIS.

And the HAT!
CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE HAT?!
My friends had fun with the hat :)

I bought the black straw summer hat at a rando department store at the mall.
The flower, which is BIGGER THAN MY HEAD, I actually had. Yes. It was attached to that little pink bag I'm holding. It basically devoured that little pink bag. My mother bought that hideous combination of flower and bag one day on a whim, thinking I'd actually use it. So for almost 3 years I've been WAITING DESPERATELY for something to do with that GIANT-ASS PURPLE ROSE. And finally, I did! :D Yay happy!

I love this hat. LOVE IT.

dress, made by me.
cardigan, H&M.
shoes, Payless.
belt, thrifted.
hat, Boscov's-slash-diy.
bag, random.
watch, NY&Co.

Only a few days left of these Thirty Days of Truths!

Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
No. The only times I've thought about my early death is 1. when I'm scared and paranoid about my life and 2. when I get into a very self-centered and conceited mode and think about how many people would show up at my funeral. hah.

But I have never thought about giving up on life! That's just depressing!

Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?

My friends have always been the best part of my life, and right now is no exception. Everyone always says their friends are the best, so it won't do me much good to say that mine are actually the best - but I mean....they are. Especially now, in summer, when I'm spending time with my high school friends after having been away for a year - it's awesome to have so much love to come home to.

what about y'all!?

love and right triangles,
april

No comments: