Monday, July 12, 2010

making investments

I look forward to the day when I can drop a hefty sum of cash on a really great item.

Like these:

so perfect, so gorgeous, handmade, leather, and on sale for $115.
And she's closing her shop, so it's likely that I'll miss my chance to get one of these! :(
I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, and will probably look at them every day until I can afford one.

Of course, I'd never object to getting one as a gift (hinthint) ;) haha, kidding!

But seriously, they look gorgeous, come in great colors, and would be PERFECTION for toting around my books and laptop during the school year.

And now for Day 8 of the Thirty Days of Truths

Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
I'm always paranoid of being that girl in the TV shows and movies who gets taken advantage of and used, but I have no reason to be. I have the greatest friends, as I said on Day 7.

But thanks to those movies and TV shows (curse you, media), I'm still pretty fearful. 
So my first answer would be: the media.

My second answer would be: my mother. Whew. That is a scary thing to say. My mother made my life hell? Well, last year she did. I don't think I know a single person who didn't absolutely despise their parents during senior year of high school, when all you wanted to do was end high school with a bang, and all your parents wanted you to do was think about college and the future and scholarship applications. But I think my mother and I took that typical senior year parental hatred to a whole new level. Thank god that's over.

Gotta say, these personal questions are scary.

love and right triangles,
april

2 comments:

WendyB said...

I can't mention names but there's someone I used to work with who made my life total hell. I'm so so so happy he is out of my life. I seriously feel like a new person.

liz said...

ugg. i think my mom and i might give you a run for your money on the whole "hating each other guts the whole senior year" thing. Thanks for being so open and honest, it's nice to know i'm not the only one!