Saturday, January 16, 2010

recently watched movies

I have seen entirely TOO many movies lately. The combined force of me being home for winter break AND having Netflix is just bad. I've watched at least twelve movies. Here are eight.

Up in the Air

 I absolutely LOVED this movie. It was perfect in every way. Made my Top 10 of All Time instantly after walking out of the theatre. It would have made my Top 5 but that's already been filled.

George Clooney is a lot older than me (ha) but he is sexy. All of the acting, directing, writing, everything was fantastic. GO SEE THIS MOVIE if you haven't already. And invite me! I'd gladly see it again :)


Sherlock Holmes 

Oh, Robert Downey Jr. Oh, Jude Law. Oh, Rachel McAdams. I love you all.

Gigantic

Netflix recommended this movie. It was good, but weird. I didn't really get it until I stalked the IMDb forums about it. But still, Zooey Deschanel is another favorite of mine. And I really liked this coat she wore, so much that I took a screenshot to share:

Zooey is definitely a fashion inspiration.

Youth in Revolt






I am in LOVE with Michael Cera. And honestly, that is probably the only reasoned I shelled out eleven (yes, ELEVEN. damn you, Los Angeles) bucks to see this movie. I expected mediocrity. But I actually really loved it, beyond the whole Michael Cera being my one and only thing. He usually/always plays the same character, but in this, he was both himself and François Dillinger, French badass extraordinaire. He was a totally different personality and he did it well. And can I just tell you how much I fell even MORE in love with Michael Cera?! Now, I not only want Paulie Bleeker, Nick (avec ou sans Norah), Michael Cera (in Paper Heart), but I also want François Dillinger. PLEASE. thankyou.

Valentino: The Last Emperor

I found this movie on Netflix, along with a slew of other fashion-related documentaries. This just happened to be the first one I watched. It was really nice to see the man behind the famous red gowns (which he doesn't even really like!). Put me down as a fan of Mr. Valentino and this film.


The House Bunny

I cracked UP watching this movie. It was hilarious. My favorite line? "The eyes are the nipples of the face." Just so much goodness.

Vanity Fair

Reese Witherspoon is one of my favorite actresses. Legally Blonde is my all-time favorite movie (and I'm not embarassed one bit. Take that, episode of The Office in which Ryan the Temp starts a fire and everyone goes outside and hangs out in the parking lot!)

This movie was pretty enjoyable. That's really all I have to say about that.

Confessions of a Shopaholic (...sorta)
I had to force myself to read this book. It took all my willpower to get through it to the end. It was torture. All I wanted to do was track down the annoying-as-hell shopaholic, cut up all her credit cards and scream at her until she was too paralyzed to shop anymore.

Which is why I waited so long to watch the movie. It was sitting there all innocent in my Netflix Instant Queue, so I though, why not? At the very least, I can look at her crazy designer clothes. Well. I only got through the first half hour when I realized my hair was in danger of being ripped straight out of my scalp from the unbearable pain and anxiety I get from this movie/book franchise.

Maybe it's because I'm afraid that I'll become her when I'm older and get sucked into the vortex of credit cards. But seriously, I just want to tell her, Woman, get a hold of yourself.

Have you watched any good movies lately? Or any of the above gabajillion movies? What did you think?

love and right triangles,
april

No comments: